• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce won't start without ether

knuckleheadks

Changed filters, in tank pump, and adjusted fuel and throttle. What could cause it not to start by pushing the button? The fuel system has been gine thru thoroughly. It starts and runs great with a few short bursts of ether.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It sounds like it is losing prime. There is either a pinhole in the line or a loose connection. Check where the line crosses under the radiator from the primary fuel filter. They are prone to damage there. Good luck, fuel grimlins can be a booger to find.

Bowtie70SS

Did you bleed all the air out? Crack the petcock on top of the fuel filters and turn the power on. Watch till you have a steady stream of fuel. Mine got air in it one time when I cranked it with fuel shutoff on. Bled it and it is fine.

knuckleheadks

ether everytime now cus it wont start without it this all started when my fan belts blew off and it overheated it runs great just dosent like to start without a hit of starting spray.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks