• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce won't start

IronPig

My deuce won't start.

69 M35A2 Kaiser with continental multifuel

Seems like the starter has gone bad: Batterys tested good using battery tester, terminals are clean, acc switch on (loud buzzer), press red button and no sound of engine turning over or even a clicking noise from the starter.

Are there any common causes that I may be able to address or do I need to buy a new starter?

Thanks!

Lance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Deuce won

You need to follow the current path and check each point. There are 2 solenoids in the path. The first one is under the rear of the intake manifold, it is signaled by the starter button. The second one is the Bendix drive solenoid, it makes the final contact to energize the starter. Use a volt meter or test light and follow the wires to the starter to see where your problem is.

FrankUSMC

RE: Deuce won

Lance
If it is the starter, I have some here, used take offs for $125, plus shipping from NC.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks