• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce wont start

wilsonmotors

I have a 1967 kiaser m35a2. I took the old man out for a ride tonight and everything was good, untill I stopped and killed the truck to use the phone. When i went to restart it all it would do is spin over and not even a spit cough or sputter to try and start. I have a frame mounted fuel pump it is good and working. I'm not shure when the last time the PO changed the filters I have had the truck about two months and never had a starting issue with it. It is running on WMO. I was just wondering how to check the ignition system that starts the fuel burning and and and other good places to check as far as fuel and ignition system to get my truck going again.

Westech

CPL
how to check the ignition system that starts the fuel burning and and and other good places to check as far as fuel and ignition system to get my truck going again.
What are you talking about? Ignition system?

I would bust out the TM and learn how to bleed the system.
Also check to make sure the fuel cut off rod is not stuck closed. If you do not know what the is also check the TM.

If you are running 100% WMO you WILL have starting troubles. You need to mix with some diesel (I use 20%) and that works very well for me.
Running WMO will clog filters very fast even if filtered. The carbon collects and builds up over time.

gungearz

What are you using for a wmo filtering system before you put it in your tank...? You should at least filter it down to 10 microns. Some people go as low as 1-2 micron.

wilsonmotors

i am filtering my WMO down to 5 microns and i am getting fuel from the tank to the ip and the ip to the filters back to the ip but not keeping pressure

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1967 kiaser m35a2. I took the old man out for a ride tonight and everything was good, untill I stopped and killed the truck to use the phone. When i went to restart it all it would do is spin over and not even a spit cough or sputter to try and start. I have a frame mounted fuel pump it is good and working. I'm not shure when the last time the PO changed the filters I have had the truck about two months and never had a starting issue with it. It is running on WMO. I was just wondering how to check the ignition system that starts the fuel burning and and and other good places to check as far as fuel and ignition system to get my truck going again.

The compression of the motor fires diesel engines . Air Fuel Compression is the ignition system. Running waste oil you should carry extra filters with you .

wilsonmotors

well I got it started by bypassing the secondary fuel filters. it had a bad filter gasket that had been leaking for a good while. does anyone know if the spin on filters are worth the price.

Heath_h49008

You had enough crud to plug the filters... so you bypassed them.

I hope it was a very short trip and you got very lucky, or you just sent a bunch of stuff through the HH.

Replacement filters are cheap. Spin ons are cheaper if you run WMO/WVO and will be cruding up filters on a regular basis. (If you value your time, anyway.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks