• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce workout

greenjeepster

I gave the deuce a hard workout today. first I went and rented an excavator and she couldn't even tell it was back there. Then went and got two loads of reclaimed concrete; I told the loader operator to get as close to 10000 lbs as he could and I crossed the scale at 28540lbs so he was only over by about 5540 lbs. I could feel that load, but she handled it well. Note the tires squatting under the load of 15540lbs of crushed concrete.

Attachments

Josh

Looking good. Wish I could find a reason to rent an excavtor..I was thinking a moat, but I dont think the parents would go for that.

greenjeepster

My wife bought a motorhome last weekend so I had to extend the driveway 30 ft. These are the type of honey do's I like[thumbzup]

Thanks Ace:
He is my sidekick..... I have been told that one day he will loose interest in the things i like to do, but for the time being if it involves the "big truck" he is right there with me.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Awesome! I love it. Thanks for posting.

How did your dropside bed do? Any side panel flex?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Enjoy those moments! They are precious!! They NEVER come "back" either! Time, the only thing we can NOT buy more of! Good job with the deuce! Motor home? You mean you bought a M109 too!?? lol Congrats!
Thanks for sharing the pics and the story! Good to see the girl still workin hard for her owner!
God bless!

Tony;)

greenjeepster

The wheel loader has a 6 ton bucket; he only put 3/4s of a scoop on and it was over 15000 lbs. that crushed concrete is heavy by it's self and then it is wet from going through the crusher so that adds weight too.

This loader is a small one compared to the quarry loaders we have around here. They can load a dump truck with 20 tons of stone in one scoop.

Clinto: The drop sides handled it fine.... I didn't even have any trouble unlatching the gate like I thought I would. I would not trade the drop side for anything. What I couldn't reach from the back I pulled off of the side with the excavator. Not as fast as a dump body, but sure beats shoveling.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Decues are tougher than woodpecker lips.

When I scaled in at the rock quarry I weighed 12,50.....when I left I was grosseing 32000 with a load of crusher run.
The old deuce trotted right along......had a steep twistey road to the top of the mountain.
Dropped her in low range, found a gear she will pull in and just loafed along.

wsucougarx

Wow, this one nice clean looking truck. Definately convinced me to re-CARC my truck!!! Forget Gillespie, that CARC is beautiful....who would have ever thought beautiful could describe CARC...I am really too far in this hobby:roll:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Awesome! I love it. Thanks for posting.

How did your dropside bed do? Any side panel flex?
I've found with mine if loaded with the tailgate up and locked, side flex is almost non-existant, but if loaded with it down it's kind of a pita to get it closed and latched.

greenjeepster

The only thing I don't like about this truck is I can't seem to get the blue GL markings off of the fender. I have tried several bug and tar removers and the goof off stuff. I am about ready to sand it and re-carc myself. :confused:

wsucougarx

The only thing I don't like about this truck is I can't seem to get the blue GL markings off of the fender. I have tried several bug and tar removers and the goof off stuff. I am about ready to sand it and re-carc myself. :confused:
I took the GL paint off by first using a hobby knife to scrape off the big stuff. Once I got the paint layer down pretty thin, I just used that CRC Brake Cleaner in the red can to remove the rest. I just sprayed a little into a rag and just scrubbedit. Albeit, some of the CARC will come off with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks