• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce

beetle

:? :? I know it's probably here somewhere but I can't find it. I put new batteries in the deuce yesterday (haven't started it since last November) & tried to start her up.The guage says I have lots of power but I can't get even a click out of her when I push the start. I need a wiring diagram for the start system. That's the thing I can't find.Could also use some suggestions if someone has run into this before.Thanks in advance B.(beetle)Bailey. P.S.--just bought an old deuce box full of used parts. Don't know all of whats in there yet but I do know there are a bunch of doors.As soon as I get an hour or so I'll do an inventory & post it for sell or trade . Thanks again. Beetle

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just to start it, all you should need is the batteries installed. You have ground(-) from batt "A" going to chassis ground, and pos(+) of batt "A" going to ground(-) of batt "B", and then pos(+) of batt "B" going to vehicle pos(+) correct? Make sure your connections are clean and tight.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'm assuming that your deuce is a multifuel truck. Here are the wiring diagrams:

http://www.nf6x.net/greentruck/m44wiring/toc.html

Major players in the starting circuit are the ignition switch, the start button, a big relay in a round metal cannister, and the starter motor+solenoid. The wiring diagram also shows a fuel pressure switch that I wasn't aware of. Ignition switch supplies power to the start button, the start button energizes the big relay, the big relay energizes the solenoid, and then the solenoid energizes the starter motor. I'm not sure why that fuel pressure switch is in there, and I don't remember it in any of my deuces... but I haven't had to debug any of their starting circuits, so I can't say with authority whether it's hiding in there somewhere.

alphadeltaromeo

nf6x...thanks bud...I've book-marked your page for future reference...when I should just copy the images...Ok, imma do that instead...but thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Deuce

nf6x said:
I'm assuming that your deuce is a multifuel truck. Here are the wiring diagrams:

http://www.nf6x.net/greentruck/m44wiring/toc.html

Major players in the starting circuit are the ignition switch, the start button, a big relay in a round metal cannister, and the starter motor+solenoid. The wiring diagram also shows a fuel pressure switch that I wasn't aware of. Ignition switch supplies power to the start button, the start button energizes the big relay, the big relay energizes the solenoid, and then the solenoid energizes the starter motor. I'm not sure why that fuel pressure switch is in there, and I don't remember it in any of my deuces... but I haven't had to debug any of their starting circuits, so I can't say with authority whether it's hiding in there somewhere.
Does anyone know more about this pressure switch? I had noticed it in the diagram about a year ago but I keep forgetting to ask if there really is one and where it is located. It seems to me that it can't exist(in an M35A2), especially when there are guys out there with inoperable in-tank pumps.