• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuces are like the mob....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congrats!! :beer:

nattieleather

Don't let gimp fool ya....he's got a M109 and a 5ton wrecker....:)

Nice grabs there guys......It's official I hate both of you...lol.... NOT!

Nice looking trucks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Make no mistake Joe, I want a cargo deuce something fierce. Just can't happen this year. Luckily, there is not much of this year left.

AMTAK

Yea. I also got a 5 ton dump I use all the time, but for some reason I just need one.
It's got electric wipers and clearance lights. Not a winch truck but its still cool.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty soon, I'm gonna need to buy my keeper deuce. So far, the 4 I got from Chambersburg are nice, but they are all destined for resale.

I WANT THE KEEPER!!!

AMTAK

Picked up the trucks today. Fairly smooth. Got up around 5 AM met farmer Ron and Owin the truck driver around 6. They had the tilt bed on the trailer. Glad they did, it was cold (first frost). Almost hit a dear on the turnpike. Got to GL around 9. They are there 5 days a week now. They move one of our trucks, they found it. Got them all running in about 20 min. Loaded ron's on the trailer first. Went to move mine NO BRAKES!! BANG! scratched the bumper on another truck. Nobody saw me you cant prove anything! Got back to Owin's garage and unloaded ron's trucks. Got mine home around 3. Fun day.

Attachments

Flea

I like the rollback on that International... that divot looks like it saves the front of the bed from a lot of dings!

Good looking trucks! Looks like they really kept them in great shape up there. Any problems with rust on the frame or anything?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got the sister truck to Ron's singled out winch truck. Mine has the the same bumper #s and is also singled out. Mine originally had the arctic heater in the cargo bed and the cab...but they removed both. Fortunately, RAM had one so I'll replace the cab heater. My truck runs like a raped ape. Even with the singles, I was pulling 55 mph up the hills west of Frederick, MD on I70. They are fairly steep grades.

1stDeuce

How did you get EUC approved so fast??? It took almost two weeks just to get mine sent to Battle Creek, and now I have to wait a month or so for actual approval...

The waiting is killing me!!!
I want my truck!

Attachments

ida34

1stDeuce said:
How did you get EUC approved so fast??? It took almost two weeks just to get mine sent to Battle Creek, and now I have to wait a month or so for actual approval...

The waiting is killing me!!!
I want my truck!
Welcome, Your 1st EUC takes much longer then subsequent ones. I think it also depends on what GL person you have working on it. Some seem to take longer than others. I am near you if you need anything. Several of us in the area but I am probably the closest.

Chuck

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I used to love the deuces...still do. The problem is, every one and their brother has one these days. When I first started going to shows in 1999, an M35A2 was a fairly rare truck. I remember the Aberdeen show in 1999, there were only 5-6 deuces there...period. This past year, a friend said he counted more than 20 that came in the convoy alone. Plus, I tend to like the bigger trucks. With that said, I have been watching the prices and they keep falling. I basically decided I could not let a couple of them pass me for what they have been bringing...so I decided to get back into deuces by buying two. I may buy a couple more before all is said and done. The two I recently got are sweet. The singled out truck is probably the second best running deuce that I've had next to your tractor.

Richard (my son) is doing very well. He is getting very big and always smiles. Thanks for asking, Kenny.