• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce's first time out!

redneck rebel

took the duece to the lease to pack up all my lease stuff as we lost our hunting lease this year (property sold).

Anyway, its 3 miles one way of offroading, and crossing cibolo creek to get back to my blind from the camp house. so basically did over 6 miles off offroading/rock crawling total, and 80 miles round trip from home to lease and back...

duece did good. (minus an innertube) but that is why there are three more tires on that side! (right?) :mrgreen:

white ford is my buddy/hunting partner, and white chevy is my pickup and snowmobile trailor (originally from michigan) that now carries my hog traps around. But my other buddy/hunting partner drove that for me.

my buddies pickup

my pickup with one of the hog traps and a random box that was out at lease (shipping container)

some mudd on the tires

tearing down my 8'x12' deer stand (16 ft up on scaffolding). carpeted, and I am trying to get heat and AC in it! :-D

moved some trees around so it could fit :mrgreen:

something fell off trailor on the way out (its a rough ride)

stopped at a burger joint on the way home and bought my buddies/helpers beer and burgers/mexican food on the way home... :beer:

redneck rebel

doing what I did with it... take it to the lease as a 8x12' bed is better than my 4 or 5x6' bed...

may take it to a mudfest or two. maybe an offroad park if we feel the urge...

Camp bullis is having a 3d archery shoot next month. as we shoot bows we may take the duece up to camp bullis for that archery shoot as that sounds like a cool thing to do.

ummm... maybe car/truck shows as ours is a 68, and would qualify as a classic truck catagory.

Dont know.

My dad keeps trying to tell me those split rims are dangerous, and that we should switch to a single tire/rim combo for the back. but we do not plan to bob it or take any axles out.

any thoughts on that? are there rim and tire combo's that can do that out there?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Once the air is out of the tire there is zero chance of the ring flying off with any force......on the contrary....they can be a real pain if you are not well versed in the art of breaking them down. Having the proper tools for removing the ring is essential....using crowbars or large screwdrivers is an exercise in frustration.
The longer the tire has been mounted on the rim the more difficult it will be to dismount it.
This is why it is usually worth the price of taking them to a tire shop.

If you do it yourself put it in a tire cage before attempting to inflate it.....or at least make sure it the ring pops off it will not hurt anybody. I set the bucket of my tractor on any split ring tire I am going to air up and use a snap on chuck so I can put some distance between me and the tire while it is inflating.

Once the bead has locked the ring against the rim it is usually safe.

redneck rebel

Once the air is out of the tire there is zero chance of the ring flying off with any force......on the contrary....they can be a real pain if you are not well versed in the art of breaking them down. Having the proper tools for removing the ring is essential....using crowbars or large screwdrivers is an exercise in frustration.
The longer the tire has been mounted on the rim the more difficult it will be to dismount it.
This is why it is usually worth the price of taking them to a tire shop.

If you do it yourself put it in a tire cage before attempting to inflate it.....or at least make sure it the ring pops off it will not hurt anybody. I set the bucket of my tractor on any split ring tire I am going to air up and use a snap on chuck so I can put some distance between me and the tire while it is inflating.

Once the bead has locked the ring against the rim it is usually safe.
ah... good info. thanks.

I personally have never done it...

redneck rebel

What was the idea behind the massive front platform?
not really an idea of ours. it was a fire truck.

there was a water gun on the front.

we may build a quick disconnect system for that bumper and the factory bumper with winch so we can interchange them.

may add some seats or something to that platform for hunting from or something???

ALSO, its nice to stand on when working on the engine bay!!! but I know its not a fashion statement (or maybe it is?)

joshs1ofakindxj

It does look useful in some ways, like working on the engine, but man is it odd looking haha.

The first thing I thought of was the Jurassic Park movie where the guys were out on seats on the front of the vehicles with nets and ropes to catch the dinosaurs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks