• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuces for Newbies

Aldebaran2

Hello,

When I click the link entitled "Deuce FAQ article", URL of http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?102-Deuce-FAQ-Article , it does not load.

That seemed like a good place to start since I am new to military vehicles, and to be honest, vehicles in general as there is no automotive knowledge in my family.

Therefore, would you recommend things that I should read so that I might ask intelligent questions in the future?

Thanks

You can check out the site called the M35a2 experience look at different threads here as well as youtube just jump into something and start reading/ watching .This site is loaded with tons of information and very helpful members welcome and enjoy.

Aldebaran2

You can check out the site called the M35a2 experience look at different threads here as well as youtube just jump into something and start reading/ watching .This site is loaded with tons of information and very helpful members welcome and enjoy.
Thanks for the link to the site ( wowapi.net/m35a2/M35A2_experience.htm ); it was most helpful.

Any other specific sources?

Someone on YouTube has done some videos can't remember who shouldn't be hard to find.I'd also just start looking at different threads here just pick a few and start reading build threads are always a great read bone stock deuces or bobbers.

Aussie Bloke

Last edited:

m109a2

Welcome from lake Charles La.Read,read,and more read the tms.Most of the guys here are vets and or gearheads,This site is the most informative site about M.V.s I have ever seen and that`s a fact jack.When you get your M.V. remember Murphy is always out there combat this read the tms Go to a rally you will learn more about everything and have a grand time doing so.And I consider this more than a site in my eyes it is a brotherhood,Just last week one of our members went way out of his way to bring a stranded non member some hard to get deuce parts to get him rolling again.Reckless you rock.Al

dmetalmiki

And of course just reading through these opening threads in "today's posts" will educate plenty about the hobbies, various vehicles, and equipment galore. Welcome to the green disease, try to meet up with near members near to you, and attend shows and events etc.

If you don't have a lot of mechanical skills I'd suggest purchasing a truck that's had most if not all the service and repairs done to it and go from there.I hope you enjoy the site and again welcome.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the stickies in the Deuce forum are a good place to start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks