• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuces on GL

rice

I haven't seen any trucks on GL right now that will get more than a bill of sale. No SF97. That is SORRY!

rice

The way the bids are climbing it looks like a lot of people are going to take their chances on getting a title. Let us know which one you`re bidding on and I won`t bid against you. I`ve been outbid on everything I bid on so far anyway.

ida34

After this first run I bet the prices will come down. When the hassle of getting the title without an SF-97 are realized I bet the rest of us can pick up parts trucks cheap. Maybe these trucks will come back down to a reasonable price. I waited until I got an advertised runner for under $1500. I got very lucky. I doubt I would be able to get that lucky anymore.

bottleworks

I am going for:
Event Id 1788 — Lot Number 1051
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=799544

I have a buddy that tends to collect everything. ...And I do mean everything. When I told him about the Deuce, he said three things:

First: What? A Deuce and a half! What do you need that for?
Secondly: Can I come with you to pick it up?
Thirdly: Oh yea, I think I've got a winch that came off one of those that you can have...Not quite sure why I have it.

My Answers were:
1. Umm, it's a Deuce. Enough said!
2. It's always nice to have another mechanic to help with receiving it.
3. :) sweet.

Enough rambling from me. That's the Deuce I am going for. Thoughts, comments? Anyone want to guess the final price?

Elwenil

Should a '67 have the headlamps on the bottom? I though only the earlier non-winch models had the headlamps on the bottom and all the later ones had them on top?

houdel

Good luck, it looks like a nice truck. I won't be bidding against you; I'll be picking up my Deuce Tuesday at SANG in Michigan.

Watch the 15 minute rule; I was the winning bidder on mine at 4:59 pm when someone put in another bid, which extended the bid closing until 5:15 pm. I had placed a max bid well above the current bid, so I was still the high bidder. Then at 5:14 pm he put in another bid, still below my max bid but now extending the closing time to 5:30 pm. This went on for over an hour before he finally quit bidding. My auction didn't finally close until 6:10 pm!

jatonka

Maybe a little off topic but, if we set up an area of Steel Soldiers to post our bidders numbers at GL we could check to see who is bidding on items we are interested in and bid accordingly. I would be willing to post my number if the moderators are willing to try this out. and I think we should all research how difficult it is going to be to register or title trucks in our home states before we bid very much on these auctions. Please remember, GL is an organization of private enterprise made up of owners from countries other than the USA who are reaping a much larger profit than our government intendede due to loopholes in the original contract to Levy-Latham that allowed expenses to be deducted before turning over the 80% of profit from sales. We are resposible for the huge increase in final cost of items sold by GL. If we don't bid, they don't sell. John T

devilman96

Ahhhhh... My wife's gonna kill me but Im biding on the one in Jax... I swore I was not gonna but after going up there and not getting the tooling I wanted I suddenly have "spare cash". If I can get it fired up I will prolly resell it. If not I can use several of the parts from it!

Kenneth what do you charge for hauling? :)

Dieselsmoke

Elwenil, my '67 Kaiser M109A3 shop van had them on the bottom, but my '67 Kaiser m35A2 had them on the top. Neither of them were winch trucks.

rice

deuce

ida34 said:
After this first run I bet the prices will come down. When the hassle of getting the title without an SF-97 are realized I bet the rest of us can pick up parts trucks cheap. Maybe these trucks will come back down to a reasonable price. I waited until I got an advertised runner for under $1500. I got very lucky. I doubt I would be able to get that lucky anymore.
The one in Jax Fl with title brought $2013 today. The one in Ga with no title brought $6575.00 Figure that one out? That may have been a nicer truck in Ga, but 3X`s the money and no paperwork.

Desert Rat

I see BW's truck went for $4K. Waaay too much money for me. The more this fiasco called GL goes on the happier I am in getting 'Storm for $1700!

bottleworks

Desert Rat said:
I see BW's truck went for $4K. Waaay too much money for me. The more this fiasco called GL goes on the happier I am in getting 'Storm for $1700!
Yea, Someone wanted that truck A LOT! It jumped to 4K with still a day left. I ended up buying lot 1050. A 1968 with air shift, and winch. The only thing that $4K truck had going for it was the low hours...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks