• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuces trapped in anchorage

akguy

Found these A3's trapped behind a fence in a storage lot in south Anchorage. Forgive the pics, from phone. Also there were 3 short tracked vehicles that towed short tracked trailers that were enclosed. Couldn't get pics of those, too dark. Don't know if they are privately owned or what. Nice shape A3's. No flats, no dents or rust. Tires in excellent shape, newer exhaust pipes, so they have been maintained recently. Anyone with any info would be appreciated. Kinda strange to have these sitting around up here.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

Pretty sweet....I remember when i was in AK we took all our old deuces to DRMO, most with no brakes, some with no engine oil, axle oil, etc...what a fubar trip that was lol...from what i understand, over half of them ended up on the Jarvis bomb range behind Eilseon AFB as targets for jets or artillery....such a waste.

akguy

Hey titanium, no , these are parked on International airport road just before old seward highway in a lot just before the Arctic Roadrunner back entrance.

DRMO at Elemdorf AFB

Pretty sweet....I remember when i was in AK we took all our old deuces to DRMO, most with no brakes, some with no engine oil, axle oil, etc...what a fubar trip that was lol...from what i understand, over half of them ended up on the Jarvis bomb range behind Eilseon AFB as targets for jets or artillery....such a waste.
Guess I was lucky to get my deuce or it would have ended up as a target too. Mine came down in 2000 and was in a State of Montana auction. I got it from a guy who won the bid but then he didn't want it. I traded a 14' boat with a 40HP Yahama outboard for it. The deuce is still running today and runs like a top! I have a friend who lives in Anchorage,maybe he can get some info on them? Is there a physical address where they are located?

Last edited:

akguy

Had to leave Florida due to family illness. But it sure is nice up here even though winter is on it's way! Never did make it to a rally while my wife and i were down in the lower 48. They sure seemed to be a fun time!

Will have to "walk my dog" and get nearer these poor trucks. Maybe one will "follow" me home????? roflrofl

Deues in Anchorage

hey elkhunter, just down the hill a couple of blocks from 202 east international airport road
I'll email my friend and pehaps he can find some information on the trucks akguy. My truck came from Fort Richardson and was in the 172d Support Group. This unit was stationed and was billited next door to us. I was in the 19th Avn Bn from 1967 to 1969 when my ETS came on 1 June, 1969. Thanks again akguy.

Stan Leschert

You are going to have to wait until GL has had forklift target practice.
When they are suitibly demilled, they will post original pics, and you can bid on the remains!

And pay the good truck price ... as usual.

As a CDN, don't worry, I can't bid, without a USA exporter,
and my budget is not enough to cause you any concern,
unless I pop down to Blaine WA for gas and beer,
or was that beer and gas.

Pub or Ivars House of Clams .... tough choice!

Tough choice?

You are going to have to wait until GL has had forklift target practice.
When they are suitibly demilled, they will post original pics, and you can bid on the remains!

And pay the good truck price ... as usual.

As a CDN, don't worry, I can't bid, without a USA exporter,
and my budget is not enough to cause you any concern,
unless I pop down to Blaine WA for gas and beer,
or was that beer and gas.

Pub or Ivars House of Clams .... tough choice!
The "Pub" of course!! "Cheers" !!!!!

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They look like they could be the A3s that came out of GL in Anchorage awhile back. They were all great looking trucks that went for big $$$. As I recall they were all past $10,000.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was drooling over those. They posted pictures of them running, for the Auction. The guages & lights on, show they were in cherry condition. Glad somebody got them!

WAYNE_L

i SAW THOSE TOO LAST TIME DRIVING TO THE AIRPORT . THEY LOOKED TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE . BUT NOTHING HAD MOVED IN A LONG TIME .. THEY ALSO HAD A 5 TON WRECKER THAT CAUGHT MY EYE .

scuzzytc

I believe those are owned by the gentelman who owns McKinley Sweeping I stopped by to ask about them before I bought my A2 but he was not around and did not return my calls to him.

Baradium

Everything in Alaska that has wheels and an engine seems to go for big money at the gov liquidation auctions. That's why I went ahead and bought my ambulance in SC. It does give me an excuse to do all the work to it now though, since I can get the supplies "cheaper" in Georgia.

Wayne: for the price you'd probably have to pay for that wrecker, might as well buy that beat up old one in Fairbanks and fix it up. ;)

Last edited:

RangerBob

Last week I spotted several yards full of deuces and other MVs in Anchorage. I'll be back down there in a few days (currently on the north slope) and will try to make time to rattle some door knobs. These are at the ramp from Dowling to Seward...

anchorage mvs 1.jpg

Last edited: