• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diablo Build Update (pics)

grounded

Banned
completed!!!! did he mount his crane yet..

o wait no project is never complete. he has his man kenny to keep reminding him of more stuff he could do. rofl

tm america

ok ive spent the last two hours reading this post .and a couple things i just dont get :roll:all that awsome work detailed as could be no expense spaired.and then a cut ane weld on the frame inspead of doing it correct and drilling out the welds moving the cross members.punching new holes and reriviting them in place.any frameshop would have done this for a resonable cost.i know you whwent through alot of work to do the best weld job possible but the frames are tempered steel and any welding makes them lose their temper and then they are very prown to cracking next to the weld .kind of like building a new 10 million dollar house on a bad foundation.but other than that great work.nice mods what were you planning for the space between the bed and cab:?:a tool box or crane or both if just a tool box what kind of box something like a wrecker box that is accessable from both sides.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DM, is have a few questions plz..

On the windows and the NOS 20 year old guides, what did you do? are these available new or did you have to find some used ones that were in good shape?

There is very little room to work inside the door. How did you get those things in and out of there?

On the A/C, where did you finally put the condenser?

ApopkaFL

Banned
Well I got the power stuff in today... I don't know who designed these motor assemblies but I would swear that they had a Deuce door on the bench when they were doing it because they fit PERFECTLY! You could install one of these in 2 hours!

Im glad I have the door as an extra to play with because you don't need to do nearly as much cutting on it but the intention was to be a little more informative and give lots of working room, the actual install will be a lot less wide open. I have to bend up a hat section for the lock solenoids, if you consider installing them you will have to build a cover panel for the door due to not having enough space with the glass (I will show this in later pics).

Overall I couldn't be happier with both, I was worried about the glass weight, crappy parts, etc but its pretty bullet proof. The speed on the window is great, factory auto glass doesn't move this fast!!!

I will have to take a drive up to Orlando this weekend to do the sheet metal work I could hand fab what I need but a shear and brake which I need for re skinning the top will make it much easier... Hopefully on Monday I will have everything mocked up in one solid piece...

Where on Egay did you get these?

tatra813

Very nice craftsmanship for sure!!..............thats a lot of work though to just end up with a bobbed duece. Hope your next build is very unique..put that talent to work....good job.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:cool:_____Diesel Fitter !_____:cool:

For Cool and Useful Modifications to a Large Diesel truck,

As Judged Unanimously by the Grand Visier of PBR Welder Hacks,

The Covetous and Rarefied Diesel Fitter Award is Hereby Bestowed Upon

devilman96

srodocker

Have a question about your seat bases if you still look at this thread. what are the dimensions and also is the box made of wood with the metal rails? or some L shape angle iron on the bottom to mount? thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a question about your seat bases if you still look at this thread. what are the dimensions and also is the box made of wood with the metal rails? or some L shape angle iron on the bottom to mount? thanks
I will see if I can scare up that information. I know that each of the seats has a sub-woofer blasting super low frequencies up your arse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks