• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

diagnosing alternator output mep-803

technoid

Indeed. The alternator is a Perstolite. Parts are readily available for them inexpensively. I would recommend testing the alternator and repairing it instead of replacing it.

One of the generators I bought had no charging and it was fresh out of Tier 2 reset. I pulled the alternator apart and found diodes on the rectifier board blown apart. They had been installed from the manufacturer incorrectly. I replaced both rectifier assemblies for less than $20. It took a half hour to replace the rectifier assemblies. Photos attached.

Here are some part numbers and what I paid for them to reference if you find you need rectifier parts.

Alternator model Prestolite 8MR3005CA

0180000G98S (rectifier) $13.76
0180000F83S (rectifier) $5.83
0144300F16S (diode assembly) $5.60 (its not likely you need this one. It is included on the 0180000G98S assembly)
Where did you buy the rectifiers? I have a similar problem. Leaky diodes. I can get the diodes but it looks like a real job to get the old out and press in the new.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I contacted a distributor here in North Carolina and they sold me the parts no problem. You should be able to find one near you . I can't remember if I looked at the Prestolite website for distributors or if I did an internet search. I know it wasn't too hard to find someone willing to sell parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks