• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diagnostic Port wiring removal

ALTOcal

Am I crazy or can I remove all the wiring connected to the diagnostic port if I want to clean things up? (See wiring diagram from TM) I’m guessing this device just provides voltage/amperage/resistance readings to the diagnostic device to check how things are functioning. Seems like extra wiring to me (since I don’t have a diagnostic device).
Should I just leave the wiring and remove the port? It’s extra space in the cab I’d like to reclaim.

Attachments

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's your decision brother.
I was gonna do the same and I said what the h*** for now I'll leave it. to clean it out totally you got to unplug it from the harness inside the engine compartment, then there's a hole in the fire wall plug that up ETC
This is how I looked at it it, it's not confirmed though, it sure looks that way in terms of unplugging from the wiring harness.

Injoy the holiday

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MarcusOReallyus

You can remove it completely without harming anything. It's just for diagnostics, and unless you have the specific Army diagnostic machine, it does you no good.

Just follow every wire and remove it. No problem. I think I remember seeing a write-up on that somewhere.

The purists will hate you forever, of course.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks