• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did I find some kind of glitch

broknindarkagain

I was trolling through old posts in the CUCV section and found posts that are dated from the 1960s and 1970s. When I click on those posts it is pretty much just a blank page with no post on it. See attached image. Not really hurting much, but a sign that something funky might be going on with the databases.

sserror.jpg

Alexsha

1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC is the minimum value of a timestamp field in mysql. It pretty much means there is no value stored there. Not a bug/glitch, just a case not fully handed by the board code.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The server partied hard in the sixties and seventies and no longer remembers back then.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC is the minimum value of a timestamp field in mysql. It pretty much means there is no value stored there. Not a bug/glitch, just a case not fully handed by the board code.
That's part of it. The other part is the number of various platforms the board has been on. Sometimes the data moved over gets lumped into null values in the case you've found. And like Alexsha mentioned, the min value for sql is that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks