• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did some work on the M109A3 today, need a few parts

Dieselsmoke

Got some nice weather today and some free time so was finally able to do some more work on the shop van today. Things went well, got ALL of the lighting working. Replaced a few bulbs that were blown, had to install a new 3 lever light switch as it was bad. After replacing the light switch the two headlights still did not work. They were brand new bulbs that had never even been plugged in :oops: Still can not get the light in the turn signal lever to work but will mess with that another time. One headlight bulb had the high beam burned out, so found a takeout bulb which just so happened to have the low beam burned out :roll: While replacing the headlights I found that 4 of the rubber spacers that hold the light panel in are busted so if anybody has any I'd like to purchase 1/2 dozen or so.
Did some work in the shop van itself and a couple of the lenses for the 110volt lighting are cracked so would like to find a few of those, the blue ones if possible. Also need the arms for the doors that keep them from swinging too far, both mine are bent.
I'm also in need of the 2 rear shackles, since for some reason they are a different size than anything else.
Was a good productive day, nothing better than getting some work done on the projects!!
On edit-also looking for the ventilation blower at the driver side rear of the 109 body, mine's in bad shape.

Dieselsmoke

Turn signal lever works fine, it's just the indicator light on the turn signal itself doesn't work. Not getting any juice to it for some reason. Reckon I'll have to tear the signal arm apart. It's the newer style not the older one that had the indicator in the arm.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my turn signal indicator works sometimes and sometimes not, its not on top of my have to do list

Longhunter7

GROUND?

Dieselsmoke,

The first thing I would check is the ground! I had the same thing happen to me and it was the lack of a good ground to the steering column!

Take some sandpaper and clean the area where the strap contacts the column. :arrow:

Dieselsmoke

Ya know, I shoulda thought of that right off as the horn doesn't work either. Had that same problem with my M151 and after getting a good ground they both worked fine in the 151. Thanks for the pointer!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks