• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did this fall off my deuce?

two.fiveM35

I recently brought the M35A2 and M105a2 home and the next day I found this spring in the street. We live on a 6 house, deadend street, so I don't think it fell off someone elses vehicle. Anybody have an idea where it might go? Clutch, brake, gas pedal, parking brake all seem fine.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks to new, do not think it is off the deuce, keep it, never know when you WILL need it

m816

Not a throttle spring, Not a parking brake spring either. I've been puting a deuce back together all week and haven't come across anything as small as that. Might come in handy for something though. Looks new, maybe some one had something cobbed together and it fell off cause it wasn't the right thing to begin with.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It did.

Do you have a spring ride seat? Look under the seat cushion. It locks the seat track for fore and aft movement.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clint, I think if he would put THAT spring in there it would permanently lock the track...:) ..... way too strong and also, too long for that place.

G.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

To me, it looks like a return spring for drum brakes on a civilian vehicle.

Mechanics have been known to set a part on a leaf spring or what not, while doing a brake job. Only moments later, can’t find where they placed said part. Time is money, so they grab and use an old spring from the pile of old parts to finish the job. While driving home, the “mystery spring” falls off from it's hiding spot on the vehicle, and lands in the road, in front of your house......remember, it's just a guess. I’m no detective, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks