• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dies when braking?

hughscpa

Could a clogged fuel filter cause the HMMWV to stall out when you brake or let up on the gas quickly? Got her started after purging the system. Looking to change the fuel filter next? Any other suggestions?

hughscpa

Well I did that and it did not help. I noticed that if I slowly let up on the fuel, it continues to run, if I take my foot off the pedal, it is like I just turned it off. Is there a way to adjust the amount of fuel that continues when I take my foot off the pedal? I also have a serious power drain but I will look for that later unless someone has ideas on that now.

hughscpa

So do you think I may have a restricted fuel filter or is there a setting on the fuel pump? I am new to these monsters and have the operator's manual TM and have been reading it but I don't see anything on this issue.

hughscpa

Could I open the petcock on the filter while running and have someone give it some fuel and let up on the pedal to see if there is a change? Would that help or am I way off on this?

hughscpa

It idles fine and fires up with the flip of the switch. Which TM has that procedure in it. I have the operator's manual and technical manual vol. 1 that I have been going through so far. Thanks for the help.

hughscpa

This did not fix my problem. I was able to turn up the idle quite a bit but if you rev the engine and take your foot off the gas it will come close to dying still. Any other ideas?

jjramrod

Ok sounds like ghost sediment. Un hook the fuel lines and then blow air back through them then drop your tank and check for sediment. Or you can hook the lines up after blowing them out and get the air out then try it. But if it runs right after that it will only be a temporary fix until you drop the tank and clean it out. Best of luck

juicyfruit

my M1123 cuts of when i do a sudden brake while driving, otherwise when i gradually brake the vehicle it won't cut off, i just replace the CDR valve because it was missing when i bought this BEAST, ANY IDEAS that can help me solve this probem, sunny days approaching in the Bahamas want everything to be rite.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you read the posts going back to 2012. Fuel delivery issue.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks