• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel Fuel Purge

beckel

Guys - After hours of searching the web I cant seem to find a solid description of how to do a diesel purge on our HMMWV. I reviewed the K5 board 6.2L purge but it is a bit different than our setup it appears. I put together a simple block diagram that I wanted to share with you guys to see if you thought this would work. I have a sticky injector that I want to fix before replacing them so hoping this might work.

Fuel System Diagram.jpg

Attachments

beckel

Sorry guys. A diesel purge is when you run 100% injector cleaner through the injectors rather than just adding it to the fuel. I have a sticking injector that might improve if I can get it clean. The purge requires that you bypass the pump and draw the cleaner at full strength.

dilvoy

Try plumbing your "mechanic in a can" via the fuel lift pump. You can connect a hose to the fuel pump suction connection and put the other end of the hose into the bucket with the Magic juice. You will need to connect a little hose from the fuel return line to go into your little can too. That way you can run on the fix it stuff for as long as you want too, with whatever diesel that was in your injector lines and filter diluting it. Does the can that the injector rebuild fluid comes in say that it can be run through an engine at 100% strength without damaging it?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a better idea....find and fix the injector. Don't bother with some miracle that may come out of a can.
its quite simple to find a sticky injector....just start the truck and start cracking lines till the noise goes away.
you can also pull all of them and send them out to a shop,and have them pop tested. "Preferred method".
this way you will really know how all of them are...my dealer charges nothing for pop testing.

beckel

I have a better idea....find and fix the injector. Don't bother with some miracle that may come out of a can.
its quite simple to find a sticky injector....just start the truck and start cracking lines till the noise goes away.
you can also pull all of them and send them out to a shop,and have them pop tested. "Preferred method".
this way you will really know how all of them are...my dealer charges nothing for pop testing.
Agreed...I found a new (surplus) set of injectors for $180 so I am going to just replace all 8.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks