• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

diesel heaters

REDWOLF

Has anyone ever heard of a diesel fueled heater for the cab of a M1009? My brother said there was one that was part of the arctic kit that plumbed in to the diesel lines and feed the a unit in the cab? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

K9Vic

The M1010 uses a diesel fired heater for the rear compartment, but as for one for a cab of a military vehicle I would think it would be similar. I would imagine you could modify one into a M1009 from a M1010, but it needs to be in a sealer compartment with venting. Probably be easier to install a 12v electric heater.

Since this listing ended, I found this on eBay, but does not look like it uses diesel.
military m37 dodge arctic heater - eBay (item 220693537583 end time Nov-14-10 06:10:00 PST)

Freight Dog

Hi All,
When I got my M35A3 from G.L. last year, I didn't know if it had a heater or not. Since I live in Minnesota, I bid on what I thought was ONE, "Arctic Heater" kit. When I won the G.L. auction, I found out it was for TWO, Brand New (A-1), "Arctic Heater" kits. Ironically, my M35A3 came with a heater that is almost, "Thermonuclear" :).
I think I need to purchase two M35's that don't have heater's but my wife's, "Tolerance Meter" would be pegged out.
As a result you will find pictures of my, "Arctic Heater" kits in the Steel Soldier, Classified section (At my cost).
I hope they will benefit a couple of member's here.

Thanks to ALL S.S. members for your mechanical experience and insight. As an old retired guy, I have learned so much from you, this yea,r about my rolling erector set!

Freight Dog

REDWOLF

Hey hey there mangus580 you are makeing me jealous. My feet are just now getting warm and i only live 16 miles from work and started at 6:00 am. I knew i should have left that old leaking radiator in. atleast i had heat then. I have great heat as long as i do not move the truck. Time for a arctic front if i can find one. It has not even got cold around here yet. :-D

TiredIron

Eberspächer is probably the worlds largest producer of gasoline and diesel fueled heaters. They supply many military forces around the world.
They make them in 12 & 24V. The only down side is their price.
Google em' and watch the usual auction sites.

TiredIron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks