• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

diesel vs gas

wayne pick

I would get fuel someplace else and see if it makes a difference . How often does the station you buy at get their tanks filled ? Do you ever add Power Service or any fuel system cleaning additives ?
Good point, I run the Power Service cetane additive-white bottle, and my truck runs much better on it.

wciguy

I would stay away from the 700R4. Had an '84 4x4 Suburban (civilian version) with it and a 6.2L diesel. Went through a transmission just about every 30K miles. Three different local rebuilders and one from GM Hydramatic that I installed myself. Followed up with an 89 4x4 Suburban with 5.7L and it usually made it 60k miles between 700R4 transmission rebuilds. Best local fuel prices in Lubbock, TX $3.219 for 87 octane and ......$3.759 for #2 Diesel. Always seems like when I leave home, fuel prices increase no matter which direction I go. About 20 years ago the local fuel distributors got busted for price fixing and we have had generally better fuel prices ever since.