• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diff drain plug

4bogginchevys

Thought I would share some info.....I've been wanting to get a set of diff covers for the 1008 that had drain plugs in them. After checking out a few options I concluded that thier a little wimpy compared to the heavy duty ones that the truck comes with. After getting a P/A (12.00) for a simple tranny pan drain plug kit and looking at the little 1/4" pipe plug that allows the fluid dump I decided to make my own kit and drill a hole in the factory cover. Works great, looks pretty good I think, and uses a 1/2 pipe plug(80-90 might take weeks to drain from a 1/4" hole).... reducer, and another reducer with an o-ring between the two(inside cover), also 2 washers w/ a 13/16 I.D. to spread the load because the reducers have very little surface area to meet cover. Also had to grind unused threads off of inner pipe reducer to prevent contact with carrier. I got all riled up and forgot to take a picture of the inside of the cover before it went on(sorry). All in all it took an hour to get done w/ materials on hand.:-D

Edit:will probably get plugs that go "in" like the 14 bolt fill style

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks