• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Difference between 105 and 105a3 trailers?

larry77nova

Hey, I'm a new guy, about to start me first bobbing project. I already have a 2-1/2 ton deuce, and I need to know what trailer to buy to bob my deuce. I know it will be a 105, but I am not sure if the regular 105 trailer will work, or could a 105a3 trailer work for my project? I have found 105a3 trailers for sale locally. Thanks a lot in advance for any advice you have. I would appreciate any info on this project. Thanks a lot, Larry

Sephirothq

I am interested in the feedback you get. The standard 105 bed is the most used. but the a3 is a different type bed. I haven't seen any bobbers with the bed on it. I heard that the wheels don't clear the bed too well. Not sure how true that is. Let us know how it works.

RANDYDIRT

The A3 bed will not clear the tires with the hubs flipped and the wheels mounted the same as the front. The A2 barely clears my 11.00's on my bobber. You can however lift the bed about 6-8 inches.

Dirt

jaxsof

If by some chance you end up with an A3, I would probably be willing to take the wheels 9 (at least 2 if not all 3) and the hub extensions off your hands for a reasonable amount

larry77nova

hey thanks for all the info i haven't bought a trailer yet just trying to do my reasearch before i buy one . what do you have to do to the a2 bed to install it on a bobbed truck . some one said that it didn't clear the bigger 395s . do you have to lift the a2 bed tom put mthe bigger tires on it . thank you all so much for the info . i am just starting out and i have more questions to come but tanks again larry

bjsmith

If you flip the hubs and run stock wheels the tire will inner fender of bed with aftermarket or reentered it wont or you can leave buds alone and just run outer wheel and have no problems with a1 or a2 bed but tire sticks out from bed. From looking at pic of the a3 bed leave hub alone and use outer wheel looks to fit under fender as bed is wider

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks