• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Difference between a 2 door troop carrier and a regular 4 door rig?

DukeNukem

Difference between a 2 door troop carrier and a regular 4 door rig?
First off, I'm not looking to build a replica truck.
All I want to do with the trucks is fabricate roll cages for the trio and looking to get and add front and back aftermarket seats which I have found.
That and 5 point harnesses

So
Four seats.
Full roll cage with the down bars in back slanted.
Five point harnesses
The whole truck done with Tan bed liner to match the ugly desert I'm stuck living in due to health reasons.
No doors
Possibly a Bimini top I'll fabricate myself.

Please don't ask me what I did for a living when I was employed other than I'm a former engineer...............living in the Nevada desert and moving back to AZ.

The end result or something similar

Attachments

Last edited:

papakb

There's a ton of really nice MRAP seats out there right now that would work well for your application.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

DukeNukem

There's a ton of really nice MRAP seats out there right now that would work well for your application.

Kurt
KG6KMJ
Oh those MRAPS seats. They look cushy but ejay says their $600.00 each. OUCH! Are the mount brackets applicable for this install?

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The body tub is the same between trucks set up as 4 man and the 2 man tallbacks. Everything related to the troop seats bolts in. Shelter carriers did not have rear seat risers.