• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

difference between GM X-series turbos

kapnklug

Does anyone know the difference between the various (i guess series 1 thru 8 GM turbochargers? I have a series 3 from a 1993 6.5L, which I believe is the last year where the wastegate is mechanically controlled. But T_F_E seems to have made his own mechanical wastegate for his series 4 turbo. Is this possible with any of the turbos thru series 8, and if so are the newer units more efficient?

T_F_E

Yes, its easy to make a wastegate just weld a piece of all thread on to the actuator and use a spring. The gm-8 is the most efficient. gm-6 was used in vans and hummers and is center mount.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks