• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

difference between ldt465 and lds465

bugei

i just read the 5 pager by santa on his repower, and am about to vapor lock. first out of jealousy, because his truck is awesum, and second, because i am confused.

in the end, is there no difference between the lds and ldt motors except for more fuel pressure? are the internals the same? if they are the same, what would be gained with repowering with an lds vs tuning up an ldt?

i think i just had a tragedy with my new spare dueces ldt (c-turbo) and am contemplating my options. rebuild or repower?

and then there are the non multi fuel options.............

what to do? what to do?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
but the real basic difference seems to be the oil passages in the pistons versus just oil sprayed on the bottom of the piston. maybe slightly different cam, maybe 2 hole injectors ( i have seen these in all ldt i have checked ) the ldt power is set very conservativly so just how big of a difference is there?? some one dyno one!!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a place in Nashville that has a dyno for big rigs. One of these days I'm going to fool with the fuel setting a little and take my deuce up there and see what it does.A word of caution for the deuce owners with sprag transfer cases- Do not dyno it unless you remove the front driveshaft!

jwaller

there are 2 big truck dyno's here in columbia as well. But your must have a electronic truck to use them. I took the deuce there and after talking with them on the phone and being told they could do it. I got there and they couldn't. Basically without a tach signal they had no way to register RPM's.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you can get a electronic rpm reader, a special paint is used to mark the dampener then the reader which is pointed at the dampener( this can be fixed to the truck so you dont have to hold it) converts the rpm to a digital signel, then to computer, ect, i used this set up when i was in cal, taking care of a bunch of older dump trucks. unfortunatly the reader and electronics were not mine, thay were compeny owned

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m16ty said:
There's a place in Nashville that has a dyno for big rigs. One of these days I'm going to fool with the fuel setting a little and take my deuce up there and see what it does.A word of caution for the deuce owners with sprag transfer cases- Do not dyno it unless you remove the front driveshaft!
what? I was in Nashville last year!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BS!

jwaller said:
there are 2 big truck dyno's here in columbia as well. But your must have a electronic truck to use them. I took the deuce there and after talking with them on the phone and being told they could do it. I got there and they couldn't. Basically without a tach signal they had no way to register RPM's.
They must have a cheezy dyno! You can run a test w/o an RPM input. I do it all the time. Ya know, I just put an air shift in. I had the truck at work today. Didn't even cross my mind to pass it on the wheels! After the desert trip, i'll take it back and get a base power reading.