• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

difference between mep-002-mep-003

trooper632

I am, looking for a gen for aux power the house for emergency's, but dont know which one would be the best between the two, really dont know the diff. any help would be appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
One is rated at 5kw the other at 10kw. One is 2cyl diesel, the other is 4cyl diesel. Basicly, twice the power, twice the fuel.

Isaac-1

Like they said, these share a lot of parts, one is built on the Onan DJB block the other on the Onan DJC block. Keep in mind the ratings are ultra conservative, and designed to output full power 24/7/365.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both are very good gensets for the money. I have an MEP-003A and it easily handles my entire house including HVAC, ovens, lights, etc. I also use the 3-phase 208 VAC for 3-phase power tools. If you don't need the 10 KW get the MEP-002a and burn less fuel.