• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Difference between models

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1123 doesn't have the rear bumper, and all the deep water fording stuff should already be installed, where the 1097 it might or might not be. M1123 is Marine Corps only, where 1097A2 is the Army version.

Basically, when the Army wanted rear bumpers on all their trucks for the A2 series, the Marine Corps didn't, so they got a different model number without the bumper. They are basically identical otherwise.

Vapor Trail

Thanks! I have the M1123 and was looking for another one or two and they aren't selling nearly as many as they used to so I was wondering what other model is compatible. I noticed they are the same year models so that makes sense.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

M1123 doesn't have the rear bumper, and all the deep water fording stuff should already be installed, where the 1097 it might or might not be. M1123 is Marine Corps only, where 1097A2 is the Army version.

Basically, when the Army wanted rear bumpers on all their trucks for the A2 series, the Marine Corps didn't, so they got a different model number without the bumper. They are basically identical otherwise.
My Marine unit had M998's that were all replaced with M1097a2's. 97-01

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! I have the M1123 and was looking for another one or two and they aren't selling nearly as many as they used to so I was wondering what other model is compatible. I noticed they are the same year models so that makes sense.
There really isn't a huge difference between any trucks within a generational type. Pretty much all A2 trucks are the same with minor changes or just how they are set up, same as all A1 trucks or A0 trucks are basically the same except for what's bolted onto them.

The 1097A2 and the 1123 are the "heavy variants" which means they are the ones that are supposed to be for hauling stuff, but that term also lost a bit of it's meaning because as far as I know all A2 series trucks are rated for 10,300 lbs. The 1097A1 was the heavy variant in the A1 series, and was 10,300 lbs when the rest of the series was rated 7700 lbs (or a little above that for some variants)
All the A2 series use the same drivetrain, halfshafts, whatnot, so as long as you stick with an A2 variant/third gen truck you'll have the same spare parts to share between them.

Once you get to the 4th gen and newer trucks, the ECV and REV trucks, there are a lot more changes, but most of the same exterior stuff will still bolt on the same way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks