• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Differences between M923A2 and M925A2

tractors0130

Sounds like a misprint, although I've heard of several M923 trucks equipped with hydraulics and a PTO. Or else someone has done some major mods or switched data plates.

Rifleman

About a year ago there were about 10, M923A2 trucks that came up for auction at French Camp, and all of them had the winch controls mounted in the cab. Along with the controls they all had the Hyd. tank, pump, filter and hoses mounted on the frame, but not one of them had a winch mounted on the front of the truck. Now i am not sure if they were USMC trucks or not, but from my inspection all that was needed was the frame extensions and the winch and you would have a M925A2 truck. One more thing, all these trucks had the M923A2 WO/W placard tag mounted on the dash.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About a year ago there were about 10, M923A2 trucks that came up for auction at French Camp, and all of them had the winch controls mounted in the cab. Along with the controls they all had the Hyd. tank, pump, filter and hoses mounted on the frame, but not one of them had a winch mounted on the front of the truck. Now i am not sure if they were USMC trucks or not, but from my inspection all that was needed was the frame extensions and the winch and you would have a M925A2 truck. One more thing, all these trucks had the M923A2 WO/W placard tag mounted on the dash.
That's how my tractor came from Sparta. It has M931A2 black plate, and data plate, though the data plate has a 32/00xxx serial and the black plate has 31/00xxx serial. It has everything but the frame extensions and winch to make it a M932A2. I wonder if a lot of the 932A2 series during rebuild didn't have that added?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks