• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Different Kevlar X-Door question

DHAN12435

Has anyone run by any Kevlar x-doors that appear about two inches longer at the bottom, do not feature the light bend in the center door and the glass does not have the box pushing out from the door but still can be slide up and down (basically a flat door).. I saw some for sale. I'm thinking maybe they are for newer models? Perhaps they mount on the outside instead of in the door recess? Are they for Humvee models?

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There for a M1151 with wide roof.
There's alot of stuff needed to mount them correctly.

DHAN12435

Thanks for the info 86humv.. I bet they are probably hard doors to come across for sale.. Found a picture online of the door I was talking about..IMG_5739.jpg

Last edited:

sgtspannky

I just acquired a set of these flat doors you are talking about and they are too long as well for my M998s. I have one with a fiberglass helmet top and one with soft top that is removed. The doors wont fit either model. They fit the hinge pins perfectly but the bottom is 2 inches or so too long. I am considering removing the trim work and cutting them to size, then trimming them back out. Anyone else have any ideas? I was truly surprised that they dont fit.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just acquired a set of these flat doors you are talking about and they are too long as well for my M998s. I have one with a fiberglass helmet top and one with soft top that is removed. The doors wont fit either model. They fit the hinge pins perfectly but the bottom is 2 inches or so too long. I am considering removing the trim work and cutting them to size, then trimming them back out. Anyone else have any ideas? I was truly surprised that they dont fit.
If you cut them....then they are useless.
They are straight, so they won't seal up.....probably a big gap up top half of door to body.

dilvoy

As mentioned before, those are the doors for an M1151 type for use when the heavy armored doors are not needed. How about practicing on a piece of plywood before actually cutting up a door, because if you can't make that work, you wouldn't have ruined a door.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks