• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Different transfer case. Two speed ?

coachgeo

Thanks, but those characteristics are similar to my U500 camper,
that was my question at first..... what Mog was your experience.......a 404? 1300 etc. then put two and two together and recall you and your U500 . That Mog is way more civilized than an LMTV. The A1R would be closest.

I have contemplated a FMTV if my U500 got totaled and I survived it. But I’d want lockers at both ends and low range,..
selectable Locker for front FMTV Meritor axle does not exist. Only a Detroit soft locker type exist for the rear. Though Bryce Wasielak (found only on facebook) could make you axles from a different truck with better axle ratios and air lockers front and rear. Canadian Rockwell might could to.. though they might actually source the base axle from Bryce anyway.

.. my last stuck was just making a multipoint U turn on a dirt road in Ukraine and my rear tires went down the ~4’ loose gravel berm at about the angle of repose. It took all the gadgets except winch to recover.
and it took a cleaning of your shorts and maybe your pilot seat too? Glad she pulled out for you.

@tennmogger will likely chime in....... he drove a 1300 for a long while. Still has it...... and few FMTV's now.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks