• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Differential Breather

The Baron

Hey guys I have a 1984 M1009. I've been doing a lot of deep water crossings and am getting a little concerned those stock diff breathers just aren't tall enough. They just look like some vacuum tubing to me with a small filter fitting on top. I was going to get some hose and extend them higher into the engine bay. Extending the length won't be a problem right?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem.

HillbillyWizard

No problem.
x2 I do this to all my vehicles that moonlight as boats. Another good mod for water crossings is an electric fan. The mechanical fan doesn't do so well when it hits water and then takes out the radiator. Last but not least, don't forget about the automatic transmission. They hate water even worse than the differentials.
-HW

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks