• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Differential covers?

M1008driver

My front differential cover leaks at the drain plug and my rear is just ugly. What kind should I buy? Dana 60 cover for the front and 14 bolt for the rear? I am looking for heavy duty more than shiny.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Your not to far from me.[thumbzup] You can find them on Summit or any 4x4 site, or even LMC Truck. If Sean's Offroad is still in business over there you may check with him.

M1008driver

From the Wiki

The M1008 has a Dana 60 front axle open and Corporate 14 bolt rear axle with 4.56 gears, detroit locker.
Dana 60 Front, Standard Rotation - 35 Spline
GM 10.5" 14 Bolt Truck, '84-'85 Only
I found 4 Wheel Customs has them too. Is this the right kind? There are different splines for the front. The search says yes, please confirm this for me as I am... :)

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
check northwest 4x4 truck on the NW bypass in GF, they have them in stock last time I was there.

mudman

You can pick up some really tough ones from "Off Road Design". They build stuff for full size chevys only. They have some cast iron ones that are bullet & rock proof.!!!

Richmond

If your looking for a tough , cheap, diff cover and dont mind it having a logo on it. there is a company call Solid and they have nice powdercoated cover with hardware for $65 even comes with RTV,. they are very tough several of us run them on our rock crawlers. just google (solid diff covers)

M1008driver

OK, after reading and price checking looking for the best buy for the dollar I ordered the SOLID diff covers for front and rear.

My next question is it was always my belief to use gaskets when I can and not sealer because they last longer. What do you recommend?

..and thanks for all the advise from the forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks