• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

differential fill plug

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finished stripping the square drive in the filler plug on the front driver. Chisled it out. I looked on the Saturn site, OD Iron, and a few others. Nope, can't seem to find one. Anyone have one just laying around they wanna send my way? "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for an oil filler plug, today" Wimpy.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't it pipe thread - try the hardware store. Get a steel one, rather then cast. The one you chipped out was probably a replacement cast plug. I have never seen him, but I think there is a gorilla that sneaks around and overtightens those things - thoes and the drain plug in the oil pan. They just need to be snug!

Lee in Alaska

kaiser2help

You may want to double check the thread pitch on the FILLER PLUG. I think that is a standard coarse thread. The drain plug I believe is a pipe thread. If you havent put oil into the hub yet. Just compare the two threads against each other. You could probably find a replacement from a good heavy truck store or a forklift repair shop.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yanno, now that Will brings that up, I'm in need of one too for one of the TN trucks. I actually need 2 but I have a housing out back with one in it, I'll pull that and see if I can't make something else work.

drthunder33

anybody find a outlet for these I need 1 as well. I thought I read somewhere that it was 1"x20 but everywhere I ask looks at me like I just asked for something that doesn't exist.

Thanks.

Coveralls

I agree with rosco, you can get them all day long at any hardware store. The front winch drain plug on the 816 was buggered up. I think it was around 59 cents or so, they had both the 1/2" socket wrench and the 9/16" octagon allen wrench ones.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You one funny man! speaking of broken parts, I still have you compressor

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Offroadfabworks, yeah, I'll be with Mike if you can spare one! 1000 thanks if you can, I'll square up with you when I arrive.

notta problem.. Just remind me to bring some.. Means if Mike aint told you yet im picking you guys up at the airport LOL... if you need spare parts let me know ill bring what ever stuff needed.. i got a scrap yard out here lol..

Will i got the PM ill get you taken care of :D :D