• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Differential Gears In 1986 M1028A2/A3

POOR WHITE BOY

Recovery - thanks for photos / info. I want to add a rear stabilzer bar to my 1988 crew cab dualley 4x4 and i have seen them mounted 2 different ways. Question for you - 1977 thru 1991 crewcabs 4x4 with camper special package - did they have a rear sway bar ? Thanks again , hal

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now you have me over a barrel. I can say with certainty that the single cab 4x4s did not have a rear sway bar option. The crew cab......I just don't know. I'd bet a cheap lunch that they didn't have the option but I just can't back it up. Also, my data pretty much ends with the K series so I don't know if things changed with the V series. I do know that my 88 V30 single wheel crew cab did not, have one on it.

Crash_AF

The A2/A3 trucks were not delivered from GM as a dually. They were a 1028 that was converted to dually with a kit that was put together by GM for the military. The kit came with a D70 rear.

Later,
Joe