• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Digitizer Rack installation photos/instructions

Sapphire

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, all!

I'm now the proud owner of a complete digitizer rack assembly for Bessie (my M1079) but it's all in pieces. The seller had a set of pre-removal photos but, sadly, lost them all in a phone upgrade.

Assembling the basic rack itself isn't too hard and I can tell the top plate from the bottom plate, too. The rack, however, is shorter than the distance from the cab floor to the cab ceiling. The seller asserts the top of the rack mounted directly to the ceiling and the bottom of the rack was suspended somehow above the floor level. He also mentioned that at least one bracket connected the rack to the cab sidewall just below the window.

My concerns are two-fold: I want to use the right brackets in the correct locations and I want to minimize the number of holes I drill in Bessie. The ideal situation would be that the existing holes (with clinch nuts) for the passenger side storage box also fit the rack system.

Can anyone help?

Cheers & blessings!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Marie, pm me your email address and I will scan and send you the digitization rack install instruction sheet I have.