• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dim brake light.

godawgsdv8

I just replaced my stock tail lights with led's. I made sure I have a good ground. Blinkers work fine. My brake lights when brake applied is very dim, anyone know if the flasher or brake switch needs replacing? Looking for help.

Thanks.

RAYZER

I had dim brake lights on my deuce tractor, was only getting 14 v to the connection.
It was a bad brake light switch causing the low voltage.
Replaced switch, problem solved!

brianp454

I just replaced my brake light switch. The brake lights were not working. I had a buddy push the brake and the switch only dropped to about 700 ohms. It should have dropped to near zero. Now that it was replaced they work fine.

welldigger

Put one of your old incandescent housings back on one side. Then have someone hit the brakes and compare the 2. If the incandescent light works properly and the led one doesn't then I hate to tell you but your led lights are bad.

If the incandescent light is also dim then you will be hunting for a short.

I had similar problems with trucklite led turn signals. The leds made for the military suck. It doesn't seem to matter what brand either.

TsgtB

Sounds like the tail and brake light wires are reversed.
Starting my research... my tail and brake light wires are reversed, looking to identify one from the other.

My tail lights are VERY bright, but the stop and turn lights are barely visible when running lights are on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks