• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dinger65 M38A1 Jeep

zout

Complete exterior done and two more coats of filler primer shot and scotcbrited (gray) down to a baby butt smooth finish.

Exhaust system pulled off #1 - ready for #2
Drivelines pulled off #1 ready for #2

Engine is pulled from #1 and set aside.

Trans and transfer case pulled from #1 and I have plans for this assembly this coming week before placing it back into #2. (meaning full rebuild to both).

Going to move #1 outta the garage and finally have some breathing room in there to stack my cases O beer.

oops - no pictures.rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Complete exterior done and two more coats of filler primer shot and scotcbrited (gray) down to a baby butt smooth finish.

Exhaust system pulled off #1 - ready for #2
Drivelines pulled off #1 ready for #2

Engine is pulled from #1 and set aside.

Trans and transfer case pulled from #1 and I have plans for this assembly this coming week before placing it back into #2. (meaning full rebuild to both).

Going to move #1 outta the garage and finally have some breathing room in there to stack my cases O beer.

oops - no pictures.
Sounds like you've made amazing progress Bro ...however...
You are fully aware of the CAMO rules...pics under ALL CIRCUMSTANCES...unless authorized by the Commander (Doc)...or unless Deb won't let you use the camera.

I'll try to get the Commander not to charge ya with an infraction if ya send me that money ya found!!:-D:roll:

All seriousness aside though...you are doing an outstanding job Commander Warp![thumbzup]

Attachments

zout

For my sake and for the sake of not pissin off the 1st Sgt tonight your hopeful dreams are my command,

Just so you know - I lost 7 PRECIOUS minutes of NOT being able to work on the jeep just so I could take some stinkin pictures. What a Bro will not do for his friends.

After watchin the UPS tracking - paint from Rapco will be here Tue - so tue is paint shootin night.

I wish I had stock in BONDO - what did not need bondo got bondo - what did somewhat need bondo got bondo - what bondo got smeared on was outrageous and overkill - man - I wish I had stock in bondo.

Doesn;t that chit come with instructions ?????????????????

That other frame and tub is going to be sold as is. I believe its a 1968 CJ5 fame and I have all new springs and hardware on it. All new steering linkages - all new bearings and seals but the diff's were in great shape and dial indicated out to spec and no debris found in them so just new fluid in them. Outputs on both have new seals in them.
Anyone interested in this pm me and I will make you a GOOD deal on a chassis just like its shown.

Attachments

zout

Oh yeah - that other one has all new cylinders - shoes - drums minus the brake lines (now) as well.

Ball park just in case your thinkin about it - about $800 takes it.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander Warp. I am in the shop today but not making enough progress to show pictures. My friend, you set a standard which is very hard to reach. But the goal is worth pursuing. :beer:

zout

If I recall correctly - there was still a FARM JEEP complete with Monroe 3 point hitch lingering around down there :shock::shock::shock::shock:

All the gobble de gook bondo relieved of its agony off the windshield frame and framework is DONE. Dash is sandblasted along with the inside of the tub and minor holes filled with DuraGlass.

Tue paint arrives from Rapco - Whoo Hoo.

Gotta get the hood and grille out tomorrow and blast the tarnations outta it before it gets over 100 outside.

zout

Day 6 of working on the thing. I finally noticed something - it took me a long time to catch on. Deb changed out my clock in the garage and no wonder it seems like I get nowhere on this thing and next day comes awful early.

Pics kinda tell themselves. I really have to get the lead outa my arse and get working on this and stop my procrastinating.

I did notice something on the first coat of paint: US ARMY not a marine jeep - must make it better HUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:deadhorse:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Day 6 of working on the thing. I finally noticed something - it took me a long time to catch on. Deb changed out my clock in the garage and no wonder it seems like I get nowhere on this thing and next day comes awful early.

Pics kinda tell themselves. I really have to get the lead outa my arse and get working on this and stop my procrastinating.

I did notice something on the first coat of paint: US ARMY not a marine jeep - must make it better HUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:deadhorse:
Good pics of some outstanding work Commander Warp, however:

(Uhh Hmmm....clears throat). Don't forget that hood came off a different jeep....:oops::oops: Just sayin...

zout

Lets see here TWM

It was a thunderstorm when I was sandblasting the hood and grille outside of the garage - I was hosed.

The grille I left alone for now and worked on the hood after shooting primer on the tub.
The hood surface for those that take it to extremes was full of rust pit holes and whatever that 3rd or 4th coat of paint was - was gooey like tar. I have probably 2 hrs in the hood exterior alone to be able to work further with it. It needs at this time a rust inhibative on it to kill it before I shot primer (pics to not reveal I have already done this) You can see from my clock I work in a time lapse zone like I was stolen from aliens and have lost time. In reality if you speed up to NOW - it is further than what pics reveal because the aliens have left me unmolested to where I can continue on. I did send them a thank you note.

Having my youngest grandsons 1st birthday and priorities overrule any MV work on the premisies. Once that is done its back into the garage.

I get roughly 2hrs per night to work -actually work on it.
Sat is pretty much 4 hrs to work on it
Sun is however long I can last or beer runs out.
Monday is 6 hrs to work on it.

SO to now I have 6 days on the jeep in calender time (not by my wife's clock)

In between all of that I have his carb rebuilt.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is because we are buddies that I was busting his chops in fun. I am sure Commander Warp knows I have nothing but the highest admiration for him and his work. Just a little jocularity. :):):)

zout

Now that the fire fight has been eliminated and rounds stop flying - I decided to come out from hiding and get some more work done.

It helped taking my medication of Midol (I feel kind of gay now for some reason) No GAY in that way - but HAPPY GAY.

Got the lead outta my arse and decided to actually get something done tonight - and before I get hounded for pics here ya go.

Ole Zout can take more than you fellas can dish out just so you know.

Did ya notice I can actually count to 10 taking pictures finally:beer:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks