• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

diode for wiring to gen 2 light. Where is it?

ida34

I am trying to track down the cause of no gen 2 light on one of my cucv's. The wiring diagram shows a diode and this is the only thing I have yet to check. The relay checks out and all the it is triggering properly. I really think the diode is the problem but where is the damn thing?

Thanks
Chuck

acetomatoco

Could be one of those plug in units on the left fender well... I have never replaced one..though...The 20 and 34 give good schematics.

ida34

They will charge but not till you get the revs up. The alt will not energize until the engine is reved up without the light. I drive alot of stop and go so I need them to charge at or near idle too.

Michael

I have had a lot of trouble with corrosion in the light sockets in the dash. I ended up pulling the dash out and cleaning all of the contact points.

ida34

The dash is good. I want to get it working right with a working light so I will chase down the diode. When I locate it I will post. The dash socket has no problems. I have already checked it. Thanks for the responses.

I have had a lot of trouble with corrosion in the light sockets in the dash. I ended up pulling the dash out and cleaning all of the contact points.
Me too. I found out that my second alternator was not charging the battery because of the cluster corrosion. Charging better than ever after pulling the cluster and cleaning the printed circuit connections and the sockets.

dsouthwick54

I am trying to track down the cause of no gen 2 light on one of my cucv's. The wiring diagram shows a diode and this is the only thing I have yet to check. The relay checks out and all the it is triggering properly. I really think the diode is the problem but where is the damn thing?

Thanks
Chuck
The Diode for Gen 2 is behind the voltmeter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks