• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diode Trio Napa part number

Cletus09

I was unable to find the Napa part number for the diode trio on this fantastic website or any where else. I finally made my discovery and thought I'd share for the next person wanting to buy a diode trio from Napa.

Diode Trio
Napa part number: ECH AD1206
GM part number: [SIZE=-1]1977064

In the end I bought my part from cucvelectric.com. mainly because he price was better and the part was closer and he could get it to me faster... and because he is awesome.

...And can anyone tell me if the Diode Trio is actually made by Motorola? The one I pulled from my alternator had their logo on it...
[/SIZE]

kaasbo

100 Amp Alternator?

I was looking at the NAPA part description and noticed the following:

"Product Line: Echlin Ignition Parts
IMPORTANT INFO: w/ 80 Amp Alternator"

Don't know if it's important that the part is described for an 80 amp alternator when I believe it is a 100 amp alternator on the vehicle . . .

max1008

I got the whole alternator rebuild kit ECH ARK101. Only part that worked was the white part that the plug plugs into. Nothing else in the kit worked.
I was rebuilding a stock alternator out of a 1008. Factory alt as far as i know.

3 hole thing was to small
brushes had the wire in the wrong position so they would not go into the holder.
White plastic piece that the plug goes into- WORKED.
Bearing WORKED

2012-11-06 20.46.49.jpg

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did you choose that kit? It clearly says it's for a 63 amp alt. We know the cucv alt is 100 amp(just read whats stamped on it, or read the TM).

Part Number: ECH ARK101
Product Line: Echlin Ignition Parts

Attributes:Contents : Kit contains Regulator, Brush Set, Diode Trio, Brush Pin and D.E. Bearing.

Warranty:36 Months or 36,000 Miles Whichever Occurs First

Warranty PDF

Important Information:w/ 63 Amp Alternator

max1008

Sorry doghead, It was the ARK102. I used it because I needed it to drive my truck and I didn't have time to order from CUCV electric.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 102 lists this, IMPORTANT INFO: w/ 37 Amp Alternator, OEM # 1100497,w/ 61 Amp Alternator, OEM #'s 1100597, 1102347

Still obviously wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks