• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dipstick Rerouting or hiding access to FMTV fluids- How did you secure this access ?

Reworked LMTV

Hi Guys!
Just curious is anyone re-routed or blocked access their dipsticks on the driver's side to prevent mischief.

Thanks!

coachgeo

hmmm... guess you could drill holes in back of a standard outdoor small lockbox and braze it to the tubes? Another idea for engine tube you could just shorten it or fabricate a new one... and have it sit under cab... so you have to lift cab to get to it?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or just weld a collar onto each tube and drill a hole in the heads of the dipstricks so you could use metal retaining seals to ensure if someone does screw with it that you will know about it.

deshet

I can somewhat understand your concern if you are a doomsday guy but it isn't hard to immobilize one of these trucks. There is so much exposed. Air lines, air tanks, Batteries

You are probably more likely to find some diesel fuel missing, I believe the tank even has a drain plug.

You could shorten the lines so that they are only usable with the cab raised. That would suck for daily checks.

Duckworthe

OH dang! yeah, Walmart is a tough place. I wont drive my truck there! About the only way to protect it at Walmart is to place it (truck) in a huge steel box. But then they will just flip it over! LOL

coachgeo

Mule Expedition Outfitters created a gull-wing door to cover everything
grrrrrrrr..... right when I think I got this awesome idea*... someone else has already had it and built it lol... oh well.... once again... day late and a dollar short ...

. actually not totally "my idea" stole the concept from Dakar Trucks that did similar. Some were just laced on canvas like material over a frame in that area. Canvas my guess allowed for more flex is my guess why.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks