• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Direcetional indicator

1984CUCV

is it just my truck or do CUCV directional light indicators in the cab not work? Mine has never worked but it got me to thinking is it just my truck or are all like that? Thanks!!!!

natemccabe

I would check the bulbs. Mine work just fine except for when my service lights are on, then the right signal stays lit for an ungodly time, I think I have either a bad switch in the column or a faulty ground somewhere. I replaced the blinker module in the fuse box with a newer, electric model and atleast eveything blinks like its supposed to now.

Matt65

Mine work now.
I used a couple of the threads here to go through and replace all the bulbs, clean all the contacts, and paint the back of the gauge cluster to make it more visible at night. Almost half of my bulbs were blown, so I'd be willing to bet some of yours are too. I had several more critical engine related lights that were blown that made this pretty high priority after getting the M1008.

Barrman

Giving the plug on the back of the gauge cluster a tug/push/wiggle might clear the problem up as well. Those contacts are not exactly set in stone. They move, get dirty and just plain don't work sometimes. Check bulbs first though.

If you blinker light cycles slow when the lights are on, I would suspect a short on the back of the gauge cluster. Probably at the plug mentioned above.

Midnight Rider

I should have been a little more explicit in detail.

Mine work fine with the exception of the right turn signal not always canceling in warm weather. In the winter it works fine. Figure that out.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replace the signal flasher. That 'kinda works when not' vs 'works fine when cold' is definitely an electrical problem, probably related directly to the flasher.

BUT I'd also check all the bulbs in the right side flasher circuit and clean all the connections, including the light under the dash.

Midnight Rider

Replace the signal flasher. That 'kinda works when not' vs 'works fine when cold' is definitely an electrical problem, probably related directly to the flasher.

BUT I'd also check all the bulbs in the right side flasher circuit and clean all the connections, including the light under the dash.
No, the signal ALWAYS works, it's just when you make a turn the signal should cancel itself out after completing the turn.

The right signal doesn't always self cancel after making a turn in warm weather. It just keeps on blinking. I imagine I have annoyed quite a few drivers going down the road with my right turn signal on.

I noticed this past winter that it was canceling correctly after making a turn. I thought it was fixed, but I noticed when it got warm that it would stay on after making a turn.

It's just a quirk I have to remember. I'll figure it out later. :-D

Billett

First up make sure your service light switch is on next to the blackout switch. There is also an indicator relay or switch that can be replaced. Mine was bad and needed to be changed.

Barrman

Pull your steering wheel, use the special tool to pull the lock plate. Try the blinker and move the wheel to make it self cancel. Do this in both directions and you should be able to see how it is supposed to work and why it isn't on one side. To remove, remove the flasher button, undo the little metal connector between the blinker arm and the blinker switch and then undo the 3 phillips screws holding the blinker switch. You now have a white plastic thingy sitting in front of you that has wires running down the column. Look around for broken pieces of plastic. If you find any, then you need a new switch. I haven't looked in a while, but the "help" section of most auto parts stores used to have them.

To replace, tie a string around the blinker wire plug after you unplug it way down under the dash. Gently pull the switch and wiring out. Tie your string to the new one and pull it down. Slap it all back together and drive happy.