• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disappearing oil trick?

usmc81301

My HMMWV has been running fine no real problems. I go out last night and try to start it and I hear a click and nothing. So I check the batteries to make sure they are ok and they are. So I try to start it again, same thing. I wait for about a minute and try again and it starts, have no more problems for the rest of the night. Go out today and it does the same thing. Then I get it started and it starts smoking bad. I let it run for a minute and it is still smoking so I shut it off. I open the hood check everything and the oil is low again. I just put in a quart and a half oil about 2 weeks ago. I is low about the same or even 2 quarts. Where is it going? I have no oil stains on the ground. Would this cause the excessive smoking? Help Please!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Time for a leak down test. I would suspect bad cable to the starter for the "click" issue. Do the hmmwvs have a starter support bracket on the azz-end? Is it in place?