• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Discharge Physical

cjcottrill

I finally spent a little time looking over the maintenance logs that were left in my deuce. It seems that June 08 it was stationed with Unit TRP C 2/107 CAV. in Xenia Ohio. The Log indicates replaced: clutch, batteries, air cleaner, alternator, batteries, inner seal on left & right rear axle, propeller shaft locknuts, transfer case seals, & transmission. The milage was 32,574. Then in July 2008 (32,909 mi), she appeared for her "discharge " physical. The deficiencies noted were: missing winch cable & chain, faulty weatherstip around doors, injector pump (class 3 gasket leak), oil pan (class 3 gasket leak), drainplug rear transfercase leak, fuel tank filler neck missing. To me a pretty good bill of health. Also appears to have a couple new tires, three lug wrenches, two fuel can spouts, canvas tool bag, two cargo straps, two sets of warning triangles, & a bottle jack with two handles. Someone stole two slave cable adapters and two combination wrenches from the tool box during my 69 day wait for a EUC. Some one also took some time to clean the trash up that was on the floor board when I checked it out just after the sale. They apparently planned to take the tool pouch because it had been moved from the tool box to the top of the pioneer tool rack. Something must have scared them off, or they forget it. I'll give it a better checkover as I get more time, just glad it's finally "home" Took a little drive with the MRS. & grandson Saturday afternoon, one of them agrees that at least a five ton may be necessary-you guess which one. Guess I'll start looking for a few accesaries, winch cable, boarding ladder (deuce & 105a2), pioneer tools, and in the spring some new paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks