• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dish Out

Varyag

I am getting ready to single out my Deuce and hate the look of the flipped hubs and the rears not dished out.

Is there any neg to not flipping the hubs and dishing the wheels in? I see the guys running 395 running like this all the time and can't figure out why it would be bad for the truck.

Really I just need to find 4 more g286s but they are like hen's teeth out here.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were dish out and carrying the max load for a while, I'm sure you'd have bearing problems, or at least you'd have to replace them sooner. But under normal conditions, you're good.

KsM715

If you hate the look of the truck with flipped hubs from the side, wait till you see what it looks like from the rear with un-flipped hubs and single tires. I bet you wont like it. It looks even worse.

tm america

I have my hubs flipped.. Would i do it again?NO .When offroading with the hubs flipped it is really easy to damage the mud flaps and fuel tank ..The outer tire does a great job of protecting things with duals or just running the outer with singles..Although there are a couple negative things about running it like that.First possible overloading the bearings,Second with 395-15.5s the tires will hit the bed at full flex which they don't with the hubs flipped..

Varyag

My off roading consists mainly of going to the dump here in town to drop off chopped up trees and brush with the occasional field or unimproved road. I don't ever do anything to articulate out my rears.

What it really comes down to is that I don't really have the time to do it and I plan on running duals as soon as I find more tires. These are rated for far more then I will ever load in my truck so I think they would be fine singled out. The most I have ever had loaded in the truck is about 5000 lbs and that was on roads.

I really appreciate all the fast responses. This is such a great site.

Hooty481

Second with 395-15.5s the tires will hit the bed at full flex which they don't with the hubs flipped..

Not really sure why flipping the hubs would make a difference in this matter. All the hub flip does it move the tire in or out. The distance the tires will travel is the same.

I am running 395's with the recentered Hemmtt wheels. Mine have the place that you can bolt on and turn the wheels dish in or dish out. I am running mine dish out and haven't had any problems. The look from the side is alot better with the dish out and with it in. But like they said before the back does look a little funny but I'm not gonna be following my self on the road or the trail so if they dont like it behind me they can eat my dust. haha

eagle4g63

Here are a few of the NOT flipped hubs and the rims with the dish out. I will get some more pics in the morning(dark out now) and post them. What tm america was talking about is with the truck set up like mine you could get rub on the bed with full articulation(tomorrows pics will clear up the why) I know tm america's truck and me personally don't like the look with the hub flipped and the rim facing inwards, just my likes and dislikes.

Maybe tm america will post a few pics of how his looks for a comparison, if not I will try to go past this week and get some pics of his, I need to go over to get some stuff anyway.

Attachments

andytk5

Perfect! That is exactly what I want to do to mine. My truck has the hubs flipped out and the rims dished in, basically the exact opposite of your pics. I think it looks like its tip toeing or something, just not right. I have the reg M35 wheels and 43.5" firestone TA31's if that helps? Mine are def not as tall as yours.

So it seems the flip is straight forward, read a bunch of the threads on here about it. Hopefully I will get to it tommorow, but massive rain storm dumping on Fla right now... Thanks so much for the pics.

KsM715

Here are a few of the NOT flipped hubs and the rims with the dish out. I will get some more pics in the morning(dark out now) and post them. What tm america was talking about is with the truck set up like mine you could get rub on the bed with full articulation(tomorrows pics will clear up the why) I know tm america's truck and me personally don't like the look with the hub flipped and the rim facing inwards, just my likes and dislikes.

Maybe tm america will post a few pics of how his looks for a comparison, if not I will try to go past this week and get some pics of his, I need to go over to get some stuff anyway.

Get a shot from the rear straight on. Looks goofy as all get out, just my 2cents

eagle4g63

As you can see from the first pic the tires are just wider than the bed so when they travel upwards they have a tenancy to rub on the bed side, the tire does miss if you are only sending up the one side at a time like side traversing but if the whole axle goes up it will make contact. From the front of the truck you can see they do stay out there a bit with the wider tires. I still think this looks better than the other way cause with the back in as far as the front tires are now it looks top tippy(kind of weird to me) Also the last pic is an older one I had that might show a little better what everyone is saying about it from the back(pic 2 might be better)

Ideally I would like to get the re-centered rims and get rid of this look(backs in a few more inches and the fronts out a few inches) THAT would look the best!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks