• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DIY Bed/Cab Liner

danochamp

I've seen some of these DIY bed liners that are spray/roll on and I like them a lot. Before I go ahead and take the plunge I thought I'd ask and see if any of you have done this before?

If all goes well in the bed, I'm also thinking of rolling inside the cab. Just on the floorboards and under the seats.

Anyway, any ideas, comments, or experiences with this?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are gonna keep the truck, do the prep yourself and take it to Line-X. They will do whatever you want and it is guaranteed for life.

crownjewel4

Rust-o-leum

I have used Rust-o-leum brand black bedliner on the entire front and rear cargo areas of 4 M1009's. Works perfect, dries overnight based on how heavy you put it on. Be sure you do a good job on prep work, and you will love the results. I paid $48.00 for a gallon at Wally World, applied with a brush, and had enough to do 2 complete M1009's entire front and rear.

spink7124

I have had the herculiner brand on my floors and rear bumper for more than a year and it has held up great. I haven't needed to touch it up any but I did do really good prep work. It has faded a bit and started to be a bit chalky looking but most DIY bedliners as well as line-x seem to do the same thing. Other than that I love it.

Later,
James

Warren Lovell

I Herculined the floors and trans tunnel of my Deuce. It worked great and wasn't sticky when dry. I would do two coats of the Herc. I've never had Rhino liner, but my friends truck has it. It looks like it is a 1/4" thick! I guess it serves the purpose it was designed for.

I want to do the rear cargo area of my blazer and might have it Rhno lined if they can color it tan.