• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy, cover your exhaust pipe

TIGERFANS2

I modified a 1 lb. coffee can to stay on mine in a wind but still blow off when starting. The mod entailed forgetting to pick the un-modded can up one time and slightly running over it.... :oops: I got it opened back up enough that it fits nice and snug on the stack now.

phantomjeep

keep the exhaust stack covered, saves the j pipe and keeps the fun of blowing black carbon water all over the car!!!! yes I have done it, now there covered , anyone else have a good stack full story

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I was just going to say not worry about it, eventually the j-pipe will rust through and not hold water, barfing problem solved. [thumbzup]

J/K. I got a flapper on mine, came with it.

Srjeeper

Bag it...

I use the small waterproof bags for in Alice pack pockets.

Fits nicely has a tie string already fastened to tie off if it's windy, plus most never even notice it's on there due to the color.

Just be sure pipe has cooled before puttin on..:grd:

Attachments

Green_gator

I use a mermite can insert painted 383 green and it will not come off in normal wind. Now I make no guarantees when the wind starts hitting 75 mph or better but at the point I am loaded up and headed away from the water. They are noisy if left on when the truck starts. Donated one to a fellow member here and put it on his stack. He went out to do something and did not notice the can, thought something had gone wrong with his deuce due to the loud metallic rattle. I started using this after starting my deuce up one afternoon when it was parked next to my mother's whilte minivan. It takes quite some time to get a Chrysler minivan back to white!

Maverick1701

Good idea!!!
I dont like my jug to be too tight into my exaust stack....I like to shoot it off when I start up the truck (the dog likes to chase it across the yard)

Stonewall

this thread explains why when I got my deuce, the exhaust pipe was rusted out under the right wheel well. I will get a weather cap on there right away. Perhaps finally a good use for those stupid cheese head hats.:p

gunboy1656

All I use is a 2 liter Mt.Dew bottle. never blew off yet, except when starting, and it fell into the garbage can next to the truck and I forgot about it.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found that the red Folgers coffee cans have a tight friction fit on the deuces, but still blow off easily when starting. I thought about painting them green, but this way I can find them in the grass.

I still haven't found the right size for the 5-ton stack.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks