• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DLA contacting you about the status of your hummers

ArizonaGasMonkey

I have a question to ask...has the DLA ever contacted you abut the status of hummers you have in your possession or any that you have sold?

If so how did you respond.

Thanks

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why, did this happen to you, or are you just paranoid?

If they were sold for off road use only, and you are following the contract terms(agreed to when you bid), what could possibly concern you?

ArizonaGasMonkey

my question was if anyone has been contact by the DLA before. I am not concerned one bit.

All my HMMWV friends who have had hundreds of these have never been contact by the DLA before.

I was curious if the DLA was contacting people in the event they would recall these to go back into service.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, why get a lawyer involved now?

ArizonaGasMonkey

I am asking if DLA has ever contacted you about hummers in your possession or hummer that have been sold?

That is what I am asking.

Even GovPlanet was stumped when I asked the same question.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you fill out an EUC for your HMMWV? Hummers have no problem with DLA as they are civilian versions. Details and accuracy matter.

Anything you fill out an EUC for can generate a call from DLA and yes, I have been called. Not for a HMMWV though. You really out to read the EUC as when you sell anything with an EUC the buyer must also fill one out to give to you just in case the DLA calls you.

First post
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?86730-DLA-Audit-Inspection-Warning

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AGM(OP), why did you delete your original comment ?
"My lawyer is looking into the matter for me."

Action

I believe, when GL sold stuff...if they needed it back, we were refunded what was paid. No reimbursement for travel or shipping unless you hired a business to pick it up and had receipts.
But, since you mention a lawyer, that doesn't matter to you.

If I read into this, I would guess you got in an accident and said you were sold an unsafe vehicle. If you do that, GP will provide the paperwork you signed.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I read into this, I would guess you got in an accident and said you were sold an unsafe vehicle. If you do that, GP will provide the paperwork you signed.
Or he got into an accident and the LEOs said "isn't this supposed to be 'off-road only?'"

dilvoy

I have had them contact me over a year after I bought a Military Generator as surplus. They wanted me to fill out an EUC so they are watching and you never know when they will contact you.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you fill out an EUC for your HMMWV? Hummers have no problem with DLA as they are civilian versions. Details and accuracy matter.

Anything you fill out an EUC for can generate a call from DLA and yes, I have been called. Not for a HMMWV though. You really out to read the EUC as when you sell anything with an EUC the buyer must also fill one out to give to you just in case the DLA calls you.

First post
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?86730-DLA-Audit-Inspection-Warning
Since the OP is not a premium member he won't be able to view the thread you linked since it is in the mess hall . It would probably be a good thread to move to the EUC / Govplantent / gl forum so people have a understanding of what is required on EUC controlled items .

springbok

I got a letter from them stating that I understand that it is not allowed to be exported and is subject to blah blah regulations.
And friends, somewhere in Washington enshrined in some little folder, is a study in black and white of my fingerprints. (Alice's Restaurant)
May be Standard form letter.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the OP is not a premium member he won't be able to view the thread you linked since it is in the mess hall . It would probably be a good thread to move to the EUC / Govplantent / gl forum so people have a understanding of what is required on EUC controlled items .
Fixed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks