• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DMV registered farm vehicle? unregistered farm vehicle??

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally have the title in hand. Then I tried for un registered farm plates. I was told with a GVWR of 7,700 lbs I don't qualify for one time unregistered plates and that I have to get F-Tags with yearly registration fees. The DMV site states:

Conditions
A DMV-issued permanent farm use placard will not be required for the following categories of unregistered farm use vehicles:

"....Farm vehicles having a gross vehicle weight rating greater than 7,500 pounds..."

I read this as I don't need any stinking plates. They read it as it has to be a registered farm vehicle with yearly fees because it is OVER 7,500 lbs. I don't have plates on 12,000 lb tractors.

The DMV site also says for REGISTERED farm vehicles "To register a vehicle as a farm vehicle, the vehicle must have a gross weight of 7,500 pounds or more.

There are more use restrictions on non-registered farm vehicles.

So I see it as I don't have to tag it a non-registered (and pay no fees but not have a tag) because it is over 7,500 but I could tag it as registered (and pay yearly fees) because it is over 7.500.

I'm not looking to get pulled over because I have no tags but I see no need to pay yearly fees of not required. The people behind the DMV counter are of no help.

This is all due to the change in tags in July 2024. Anyone have any insight?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In ND I register all my trucks as FARM VEHICLES and it gets me much cheaper registration and licensing rates but the truck has to be of a certain GVW and the limitations on the truck is that you cannot drive it further than 400 miles from your farm and I believe that it. It looks like you made the weight but is there a loaded weight minimum that must be met? You have either got some fine print your not seeing or the person at the DMV is having a no brain day, and that would be my first guess!
Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks