• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do any other trailer tarps fit a M116?

rickf

Did a search for M116 tarps and came up with everything but. Can anybody tell me if any other trailers use the same tarps or a good place to find one?

Rick

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you have the M116 frame with a generator flatbed mounted to it with the large metal bows you are "SOL" the tarp is for it and nothing else and as it seems very hard to find.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

rickf

If you have the M116 frame with a generator flatbed mounted to it with the large metal bows you are "SOL" the tarp is for it and nothing else and as it seems very hard to find.
Yup, That would be the one I have, guess that is why search did not come up with anything.
Gimp, How in the world did you figure that out? Toss a Hummer top on one for storage one day and say "Hey, you know............"?:D
How hard to get, or should I say, expensive are hummer tops? This is not a restoration, this is practical use. I could just buy a green tarp from China, I mean, Tractor Supply, if need be.

JOateyNV

After the first of the year, I have a friend that is going to make one for my M116a2 with MEP. He's going to use the old cover that only 3/4ers as a pattern. I can let you know about the cost. He is estimating around 350 to 400. But I can pick my color, olive drab or black. I'll post the out come when it's done.

steelandcanvas

Rick, I concur with the others, the M116 takes a special cut cover, which are very rare. I was lucky to have found one by accident. If I run across another one, I'll be sure and let you know.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, That would be the one I have, guess that is why search did not come up with anything.
Gimp, How in the world did you figure that out? Toss a Hummer top on one for storage one day and say "Hey, you know............"?:D
How hard to get, or should I say, expensive are hummer tops? This is not a restoration, this is practical use. I could just buy a green tarp from China, I mean, Tractor Supply, if need be.

I happened to have one. I threw it on an M101a2 and it fit well other than the front bow needing shortening. I would think it should work real nice for a 116. It won't reach to the bottom, but you need the sides up to run it anyway. I have seen new tops for 50.00, some more, some less.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks