• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do batteries affect injector pump/ fuel delivery to engine ??

kcbbqguru

My truck was running fine at idle but when I got on the road it would start to act like it was out fuel (3/4 in tank) checked batteries they were shot, put 2 brand new ones in and truck seems to be running fine now??
thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Could have been causing a power surge to the fuel solenoid on the IP. or not the full amount of voltage to open it all the way.

Guyfang

Staff member
What's the rated voltage for the fuel solinoid? If it's like most, it's 12-24 volts. If the charging system is not in order, and the batteries go below the rated operating voltage, then yes, you are going to have problems like you described.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks